Location: VESF Institutions
2012 VESF fellowships for theoretical research on Gravitational Wave Detection
2012 Call for VESF Fellowships for theoretical research on Gravitational Wave Detection
The Virgo EGO Scientific Forum (VESF) is glad to announce the following call for fellowship applications to work on theoretical research relevant to the physics of the Virgo experiment. Mostly contemplated topics will be: potentially detectable gravitational wave sources, emitted waveforms, rates, data analysis algorithms and strategies and any other topic of interest for Virgo.
This call is open to individual candidates (PhD holders or students) and to groups as well, that are members of VESF. Applications from individuals are encouraged.
The VESF shall fund four one-year fellowships, each at the cost of 25.000 euros. However, proposals of particular interest for Virgo and which may need two years of activity may be considered as well. VESF will not consider positions having a yearly cost higher than 25 KE, unless co-sponsorship is foreseen by the proponent.
Basic criteria to assess the applications will be:
- The relevance of the proposal with respect to the Virgo detector. In particular, a direct impact on the data analysis will be considered as an additional credit;
- Proposals for funding postdoctoral positions will be preferred although VESF will try to keep a balance; Applications must be sent electronically to: severine.perus[AT]ego-gw.it
The documents required for submitting the application are:
- the VESF application form available at: http://www.roma1.infn.it/teongrav/VESF/
- For individual applications:
* curriculum vitae of the proponent;
* two letters of reference
* a letter of endorsement by the hosting Institution, providing hospitality as well as logistic and scientific support for the proposed research activity.
VESF encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, and women. The deadline for submitting applications is June 30th 2012