Location: Palma de Mallorca, Spain
CoCoNuT Meeting 2012, in Palma de Mallorca (Spain)
The CoCoNuT code is a general relativistic hydrodynamics code with dynamical spacetime evolution. The aim of this numerical code is the study of several astrophysical scenarios in which general relativity can play an important role, namely the collapse of rapidly rotating stellar cores and the evolution of isolated neutron stars.
The emphasis this year shall be put on gravitational waves as probes of new physics under extreme conditions. Recent progress and future developments of this field and of the CoCoNuT code shall be discussed, but not exclusively. Possible topics of the meeting are:
• Gravitational wave theory and detection
• Simulation and modeling of GW sources: black holes, neutron stars, supernovae
• Multimessenger astronomy using GW
• Science potential of present and future planed detectors
The purpose of the CoCoNuT meeting is twofold: on the one hand it is intended as a regular (yearly so far) meeting of the CoCoNuT users, but it also serves as an opportunity to interchange ideas with users of similar numerical codes. Therefore the attendance to the meeting of anyone outside the CoCoNuT community is welcomed. This meeting in particular would be of interest to a wide community including cosmologists, high energy physicists, theoretical relativists, numerical relativists and nuclear astrophysicists.
• Patrick Sutton, Cardiff University (UK)
• Chris Van Den Broeck, National Institute for Subatomic Physics (Nederlands)
• Reinhard Prix, Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics, Hannover (Germany)
The workshop shall take place at the Universitat de les Illes Balears (Palma de Mallorca – UIB Campus)
Deadline for registration and abstract submission is 15th September.
Deadline for hotel reservation is 20th September.
• Carles Bona, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Palma (Spain)
• Sascha Husa, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Palma (Spain)
• Alicia Sintes, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Palma (Spain)
• Jerome Novak, LUTH, Observatoire de Paris, Meudon (France).
• Pablo Cerdá-Durán, DAA, Universidad de Valencia (Spain)
• Isabel Cordero-Carrión, MPA, Garching bei München (Germany)
You can find more information under: http://www.mpa-garching.mpg.de/hydro/COCONUT/Mallorca2012/